Heritage And Craft Startups Incubation Program
Project Report1 Documents are attachedclick to view
Heritage and Craft Startups Incubation Program
Heritage & Handicrafts
Project Start Date
Project End Date
Contact Person Details
For more details - Login
click to share
Rajasthan is the national leader in crafts. In 2015, Jaipur was conferred the title of the World Craft City by the World Crafts Council, becoming the only city in the world to have received the title for multiple crafts. Jaipur, in particular, and Rajasthan, in general, has seen some successful crafts based businesses and startups reach scale in the last few decades, notably – Jaipur Rugs, Rangsutra, Anokhi, Kilol, Sadhna and Soma. Craft based startups like Craftsvilla and Jaypore have also been able to leverage technology to achieve rapid scale through venture creation and funding. Jaipur has an active angel investor network – the Rajasthan Angel Investors Network (RAIN), a large number of its investors are successful craft businessmen.
Startup Oasis recently started the INVENT program to fund and incubate social enterprises from Rajasthan and has invested in 2 craft startups. Startup oasis has also recently entered into an MoU with the Indian Institite of Crafts and Design (IICD) to suppport craft groups and craft startups in business incubation and reach commercialisation.
Startup Oasis intends to do the following activities as part of the Craft Incubation Program:
1. Scout early stage craft groups, designers and craft startups that have developed an innovative product / business model to bring crafts into the markets.
2. Take a batch of 6 to 8 startups through a 3 month acceleration program, which shall have components of product development, business model validation, financial modelling and operational mentoring
3. Organise a Demo Day where these craft groups / startups will present to group of investors, successful craft businesses and corpoartes for funding and collaborations.
1. Enable craft startups and craft groups to get necessary validation and networking from craft experts, mentors and businesses
2. Enable craft startups to apply for funding under the INVENT program.