Sustainable Livelihood Through Skill Development Of Unemployed Youths
Project Report0 Documents are attached
Cairn India Limited
Sustainable Livelihood through Skill Development of Unemployed Youths
Skills & Livelihood
Project Start Date
Project End Date
Contact Person Details
For more details - Login
click to share
Cairn India is committed to maintain highest standards of Corporate Social Responsibility across its business catchments. With a view to provide more opportunities to the local populace and enabling them towards a better future; Cairn India as part of its CSR initiatives; carries out a number of initiatives targeted at skill development of unemployed youths in its area of operations. Based on the diverse education profile of youths; these skill development programs are implemented through three routes – Cairn Enterprise Centre (CEC), Graduate Employability Programme (GEP) and ITI Adoption Programme.
- Cairn Enterprise Centre (CEC) - Cairn in partnership with Dept. of Technical Education, Govt. of Rajasthan and ILFS skills currently runs Cairn Enterprise Centre (CEC) at Barmer. The primary objective of the institute is to build capacities of local youth through skill training and link them with employment –or microenterprise development. The Centre offers a number of job-linked vocational skills training for diverse educational qualification and aspirational level.
HUB and Spoke model has been adopted for training delivery. In addition to the CEC at Barmer (HUB), the program is being delivered at four other IL&FS Institute of Skills at Bhilwara, Okhla, Bhiwadi and Ajmer, as well as with seven satellite trainings centers in Barmer district (Mason training) thereby creating an annual training capacity of 1,000 trainees under the project.
While on one hand all the above mention courses are instrumental from the CEC center, to ensure access to youth from the interior rural areas, CEC also runs Satellite Centers in selected villages.
Since inception more than 12000 youths have been trained. Currently IL&FS institute for skills is the partner for Cairn to implement the Skill Development Programs at CEC. The total value of current 3-yr contract is INR 8.45 Crores and it is valid till 31st Dec 2015. PSCM process is in progress for identifying suitable vendor for next three years.
- Graduate Employability Programme (GEP) - Intended towards providing quality training on enhancing employability skills for unemployed Graduate Students in the district; we have established state of the art computer labs and classrooms in the two government colleges in Barmer. In order to cater to the thousands of Graduates passing every year two MoUs were signed with the College Administration of both the Government Colleges for establishment of Career Resource Centres. Through this intervention the students are trained in the employability skills and are provided with placement assistance. The pilot batches of 100 youths have successfully undergone this two months of training organised in partnership with IL&FS and have been provided with various job offers. As of today, to further enhance the competition and ensure quality output, we have initiated a process for tending. Total Budget Outlay if INR 60 lakhs.
- ITI Adoption Programme - As most of the jobs in the O&G sector or otherwise require ITI as a basic qualification and to ensure sustainability, quality and convergence with Govt. efforts we plan to implement a project in partnership with Govt. ITI’s. We have chosen two it is, one in Barmer and one in Balotra for this programme on account of their larger enrolments. The programme is focused on improving the infrastructure and lab facilities in the institutes coupled with improving the quality of education and Industry Interface through specialized guest lectures, industry exposure, Computer education and soft skill trainings. IL&FS Skills is partnering the programme, having the total budget is INR 1.36 Crores. Infrastructure development has been completed and training programme is currently underway in both the ITIs.
- Build capacities of local youth through skill training and link them with employment or microenterprise development within and outside Barmer
- Create or up-skill local entrepreneurs helping them to establish their own small businesses and become employers themselves.
- Create a pool of local talent where contractors of Cairn may source local labor etc.
- Enhance capacity of local it is in Barmer and Balotra to improve quality of Training and overall personality development of students therein.